Gumbo in a Jiffy Recipe
- 3 Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and corn; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (prepared with Italian turkey sausage and reduced-sodium broth) equals 204 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 884 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Reviews for Gumbo in a Jiffy
"Super easy recipe with alot of flavor. We made in our youth cooking class to celebrate a chapter about the Louisiana Purchase. Would make again! Perhaps next time would also add some okra and perhaps shrimp/chicken too. Thanks for sharing."