“This is a yummy dish,” Amy Flack proclaims from Homer City, Pennsylvania. “My husband loves the kick Italian sausage gives this quick gumbo, and it’s such a cinch to assemble.”
- 3 Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and corn; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Gumbo in a Jiffy in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p27
Reviews for Gumbo in a Jiffy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2016
"Super easy recipe with alot of flavor. We made in our youth cooking class to celebrate a chapter about the Louisiana Purchase. Would make again! Perhaps next time would also add some okra and perhaps shrimp/chicken too. Thanks for sharing."