- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- Place the first 10 ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in shrimp and rice. Cook, covered, 15-20 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Gulf Coast Jambalaya Rice
Sort By :
My husband and I loved this recipe. Easy to throw everything in the crockpot and just let it cook. The only thing I did differently is cooked the rice separately, then put rice in a bowl and the jambalaya over the rice. Delicious.
My husband and I both really liked this recipe. Next time I might add a spicier sausage because we like more heat but it was very good as is. I agree that the rice did get a little soggy so I would add it later than the shrimp.
Delicious recipe, quick and easy to prepare. My son said at least 4 times, "this is so good!" and he doesn't usually like when I try new recipes. Because I am on Weight Watchers, I did use a
turkey polish sausage to reduce the fat content and used Minute Brown Rice instead of the white. The rice did seem a little soggy so I may use precooked traditional rice when I make it again and add it just before serving but it definitely has become a family favorite!
Mere words cannot express how good this is! Ms. Judy Batson of Tampa, Florida, I am in love with this recipe. I made it this evening, and both hubby and I went back for seconds. Thank you for sharing it!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Jambalaya >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Shrimp Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cajun Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Chicken Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Rice Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Shrimp Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Simple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Slow Cooker Recipes >