Gulf Coast Jambalaya Rice Recipe
As the stew of the South, jambalaya is a definite staple. For ages, home cooks have been making their own tweaks on the traditional recipe. This rendition is my favorite. —Judy Batson, Tampa, Florida
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1. Place the first 10 ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2. Stir in shrimp and rice. Cook, covered, 15-20 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Gulf Coast Jambalaya Rice
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC