- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- Place the first 10 ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in shrimp and rice. Cook, covered, 15-20 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Gulf Coast Jambalaya Rice
"In my opinion, this is THE go-to for easy slow cooker Jambalaya. It's got all the important and authentic components (the 'Holy Trinity', Cajun/creole seasoning, etc.). Whether you choose to add the instant rice with the shrimp towards the end of the recipe, or serve 'over' your own cooked rice, this one's a true winner!!! Thank you Judy!"
"My husband and I loved this recipe. Easy to throw everything in the crockpot and just let it cook. The only thing I did differently is cooked the rice separately, then put rice in a bowl and the jambalaya over the rice. Delicious."
"My husband and I both really liked this recipe. Next time I might add a spicier sausage because we like more heat but it was very good as is. I agree that the rice did get a little soggy so I would add it later than the shrimp."
"Delicious recipe, quick and easy to prepare. My son said at least 4 times, "this is so good!" and he doesn't usually like when I try new recipes. Because I am on Weight Watchers, I did use aturkey polish sausage to reduce the fat content and used Minute Brown Rice instead of the white. The rice did seem a little soggy so I may use precooked traditional rice when I make it again and add it just before serving but it definitely has become a family favorite!"
"Mere words cannot express how good this is! Ms. Judy Batson of Tampa, Florida, I am in love with this recipe. I made it this evening, and both hubby and I went back for seconds. Thank you for sharing it!"