- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 10 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, whisk flour, seasonings and milks; stir in onion. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in process cheese until melted. Drain macaroni; transfer to a 13X9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour sauce over macaroni; stir to coat
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Guilt-Free Macaroni and Cheese in Light Recipes 2015, p45
Reviews for Guilt-Free Macaroni and Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review