Guilt-Free Mac 'n' Cheese
"I wanted to make macaroni and cheese that tasted good but didn't add on pounds," writes Ruth Ann Stoy of Newport, Michigan. "I think I've done it!"
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- In a blender, combine the milk, cottage cheese, onion, Parmesan
- cheese, salt and pepper;cover and process until smooth. Pour into a
- bowl; stir in the macaroni and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle
- with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 268 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 515 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as