"I wanted to make macaroni and cheese that tasted good but didn't add on pounds," writes Ruth Ann Stoy of Newport, Michigan. "I think I've done it!"
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- In a blender, combine the milk, cottage cheese, onion, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper;cover and process until smooth. Pour into a bowl; stir in the macaroni and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Guilt-Free Mac 'n' Cheese in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p47
Reviews for Guilt-Free Mac 'n' Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review