You won't miss the fat when you taste this moist, fudgy dessert submitted by Brenda Ruse of Truro, Nova Scotia. Brenda substituted yogurt for the oil called for in a reduced-fat box mix to create this delicious cake.
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, yogurt, cocoa, egg whites and egg; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Guilt-Free Chocolate Cake in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p59
Reviews for Guilt-Free Chocolate Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review