- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, yogurt, cocoa, egg whites and egg; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Guilt-Free Chocolate Cake
"can you use different flavors of cake mix & just reduce the water since you won't be adding the cocoa?"
"I made this in a 13 x 9 pan and it came out great--could not believe it is so guilt free and I frosted it with Cool Whip Chocolate frosting mixed with a little more cool whip free and it was to die for, My husband wants me to make another one. And I sure will."
"It is a delicious, fudgy alternative to the real thing with yogurt replacing oil."
"I used cake mix with pudding in it, and vanilla yogurt instead of plain. Frosted with a chocolate glaze instead of powdered sugar. Rich, moist, and does not hint of being guilt-free. Everyone loved the texture - great with ice cream/frozen yogurt on top also."
"haven't tried it yet.."
"Easy and delicious. I used plain greek yogurt because that is what I had so it was probably a little thicker consistancy. I used a 9x13 dish so baking time was a little shorter (about 25-30 minutes-ish). Very good as agreed by all."
"I agree. This is moist, intensely chocolate- tasting cake. However it sets lightly in your mouth and is a great finish (with coffee) to a more robust meal. I added raspberrys to each plate for garnish. YUM!"
"I used a chocolate fudge cake mix and this recipe is totally yummy. Husband said he missed the icing but I thought it was great, sprinkled powdered sugar on each piece as I cut them. I've frozen half of it so time will tell on that."
"Very moist, dense cake, with a rich chocolate flavor (I think due to the extra cocoa). Certainly do NOT miss the added fat of 3 full eggs and oil. My family loved it!!!"
"I made the cake and thought it was wonderful. Very moist. But confused on one thing - should I be using a reduced fat box cake mix like in the comments OR just a regular box mix like in the list of indgredients? Thanks"