Guilt-Free Chocolate Cake
You won't miss the fat when you taste this moist, fudgy dessert submitted by Brenda Ruse of Truro, Nova Scotia. Brenda substituted yogurt for the oil called for in a reduced-fat box mix to create this delicious cake.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, yogurt, cocoa, egg
- whites and egg; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2
- Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One piece equals 191 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 399 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch.