VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Dash salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Place the flour, sugar, butter, orange peel and salt in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Add egg yolks; cover and process just until moistened. While processing, gradually add milk mixture in a steady stream. Stir in the apricots, cranberries and almonds.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. decorative tube pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Gugelhopf in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p38