Guava Coconut Rum Cocktail
My beverage is so sensational it's like a taste of the tropics in a glass. The guava adds a touch of sweetness to this coconut drink. —Melanie Milhorat, New York, New York
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- Ice cubes
- 2 ounces coconut rum
- 2 ounces guava nectar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 to 4 dashes bitters
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup
- 2 ounces coconut water
- Fresh pineapple wedge
- Fill a mixing glass or tumbler three-fourths full with ice. Add rum,
- guava nectar, lemon juice, bitters and simple syrup; stir until
- condensation forms on outside of glass. Strain into a chilled
- cocktail glass. Add ice and top with coconut water. Garnish as
- desired. Yield: 1 serving.
For nonalcoholic version: Increase coconut water and guava nectar to 3 ounces each. Eliminate bitters and add 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 197 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.