This is one of our favorite spicy snack food recipes, and it's quick and easy to prepare when friends drop by on short notice. It also makes a great side dish for a complete Southwestern-style meal. Mild or sweet peppers can be substituted for the chilies for those who like their guacamole a little less spicy. —Anne Tipps, Duncanville, Texas
- 1 medium ripe avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, mash avocado with lemon juice. Stir in the tomato, onion, chilies, garlic and salt if desired. Cover; chill. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Guacamole in Country February/March 1990, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Guacamole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review