- 1 medium ripe avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, mash avocado with lemon juice. Stir in the tomato, onion, chilies, garlic and salt if desired. Cover; chill. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Guacamole
Sort By :
Great recipe! I double or triple this as my 2 and 5 year olds gobble this stuff up.
A keeper! I made this recipe twice. the second time, i added a bit less lemon juice and enjoyed the taste just as well as following the recipe the first time.
This is so good. I doubled it and had it stored in my fridge. My husband and some buddies dropped by and three men who swore they hated avocado scarfed it down in no time flat.
Delicious! Glad it doesnt call for sour cream or cream cheese like some other reciepes do.
I would use a little less lemon juice next time, or possibly use lime juice instead.