- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion and bacon; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pour over tomato mixture; toss gently. Add avocados.
- Place greens in a large salad bowl; add avocado mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Guacamole Tossed Salad
"This salad is delicious and easy to prep ahead and combine just before serving. I sometimes leave out the bacon for vegetarian guests."
"I loved this salad and will definitely be making again. Next time I will reduce the salt as I thought it was a bit too salty. I only used 1 avocado and thought it was plenty. I also used real bacon bits to save on prep time."
"A must try for those (like me) who love avocados"
"My husband and I started our supper and looked up at each other at the same time ... "This salad is good!" I was worried before I tasted it that it had too many onions, that the dressing smelled too sweet, but all the parts came together to create a delicious whole. I will definitely be making this again!"
"This has got to be one of my favorite salad recipes. Every time we are having a mexican style dinner, this salad goes perfectly with it. Plus it's so darn yummy!!! My husband and I both just love it!"
"A great salad, even though I forgot and left the bacon in the microwave! I did add about 2 T. of sugar to the dressing, and I really liked the subtle sweet/sour effect. I made the dressing and added the onion and chopped tomatoes to it and let it marinate in the refrigerator until just before serving, then I added the avocado and lettuce - that helped with last minute preparations."
"I totally agree with the other people rating this recipe. It is wonderful. It goes great with your Southwestern Spaghetti recipe. YUMMY.."
"This salad is so good. It goes great with a mexican food meal. This will be one to make that company will love! I highly recommend it!"
"Very good!! I added more hot sauce."
"This is a very good salad. My mother loves it and asks me to make it all the time!"