Guacamole Tossed Salad Recipe
This colorful salad is a hit even with those who don't like avocados.—Lori Fisher, Chino Hills, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion and bacon; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pour over tomato mixture; toss gently. Add avocados.
- 3. Place greens in a large salad bowl; add avocado mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC