- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion and bacon; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pour over tomato mixture; toss gently. Add avocados.
- Place greens in a large salad bowl; add avocado mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Guacamole Tossed Salad
Sort By :
I loved this salad and will definitely be making again. Next time I will reduce the salt as I thought it was a bit too salty. I only used 1 avocado and thought it was plenty. I also used real bacon bits to save on prep time.
A must try for those (like me) who love avocados
My husband and I started our supper and looked up at each other at the same time ... "This salad is good!" I was worried before I tasted it that it had too many onions, that the dressing smelled too sweet, but all the parts came together to create a delicious whole. I will definitely be making this again!
This has got to be one of my favorite salad recipes. Every time we are having a mexican style dinner, this salad goes perfectly with it. Plus it's so darn yummy!!! My husband and I both just love it!
A great salad, even though I forgot and left the bacon in the microwave! I did add about 2 T. of sugar to the dressing, and I really liked the subtle sweet/sour effect. I made the dressing and added the onion and chopped tomatoes to it and let it marinate in the refrigerator until just before serving, then I added the avocado and lettuce - that helped with last minute preparations.