- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 dozen corn tortillas (6 inches), quartered
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack, Colby-Jack or cheddar cheese
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry the tortilla wedges, a few at a time, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- For guacamole, combine the avocados, mayonnaise, onion, tomato and jalapenos in a bowl. Place tortillas on ungreased baking sheets. Top each with a tablespoon of guacamole. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Guacamole Tortilla Snacks in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p66
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Guacamole Tortilla Snacks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review