Guacamole Shrimp Appetizers Recipe
- CILANTRO JALAPENO PESTO:
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- SHRIMP FILLING:
- 12 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cut in half
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 24 nacho tortilla chips or tortilla chip scoops
- Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a small bowl; cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove stems and seeds. Place the roasted jalapenos, cilantro, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor; cover and pulse until chunky. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the shrimp, corn and red pepper in oil for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. Add pesto mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- For guacamole, place the avocado, cilantro, onion, lime juice and sour cream in food processor. Cover and pulse until smooth. Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, top each tortilla chip with guacamole.
- Place 2 teaspoons shrimp mixture on each. Yield: 2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Guacamole Shrimp Appetizers
Sort By :
Something New-Different and really Tastey.
Great Appetizer. Time consuming, but worth the effort. The cilantro pesto is excellent. A little too spicy for the kids, but the adults liked the heat. I have had multiple requests for this appetizer since the first time I made it. It gets soggy while sitting. I keep the pesto, shrimp mixture and guacamole in separate bowls and assemble a small batch before serving. Then, assemble and refill as needed.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Corn Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Guacamole Dip >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Nacho Recipes >