- Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove stems and seeds. Place the
- roasted jalapenos, cilantro, pine nuts and garlic in a food
- processor; cover and pulse until chunky. While processing, gradually
- add oil in a steady stream; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the shrimp, corn and red pepper in oil for
- 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; cool
- for 5 minutes. Add pesto mixture; toss to coat. Cover and
- For guacamole, place the avocado, cilantro, onion, lime juice and
- sour cream in food processor. Cover and pulse until smooth. Cover
- and chill.
- Just before serving, top each tortilla chip with guacamole.
- Place 2 teaspoons shrimp mixture on each.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 45 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now