Guacamole Salad Bowl Recipe
Reports Ann Eastman of Greenville, California, "The bowl is usually 'licked clean' when I make this hearty salad for our Grange group. I sometimes substitute tuna for the shrimp."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 5 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked salad shrimp
- 1 cup corn chips
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- AVOCADO DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a blender, combine dressing ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 252 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC