Reports Ann Eastman of Greenville, California, "The bowl is usually 'licked clean' when I make this hearty salad for our Grange group. I sometimes substitute tuna for the shrimp."
- 5 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked salad shrimp
- 1 cup corn chips
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- AVOCADO DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a blender, combine dressing ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Guacamole Salad Bowl in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p45
Reviews for Guacamole Salad Bowl
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review