People who try this comment on the beautiful color and great combination of cool creamy guacamole topped with zesty salsa. This unique dish really captures the flavor of the Southwest.
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch white pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 to 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, cover and process the avocados, lemon juice, chili powder, salt and pepper until smooth. Place in a bowl; add tomatoes, sour cream, cream, mayonnaise and onion.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Stir into avocado mixture. Pour into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with cilantro. Chill until set.
- Meanwhile, combine salsa ingredients; chill. To serve, unmold mousse onto a platter; serve with the salsa. Yield: 18-24 servings.
Originally published as Guacamole Mousse with Salsa in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p76
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Guacamole Mousse with Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review