SINCE guacamole is a favorite in this area with its emphasis on Mexican food, I decided to create my own recipe.
I serve it as a dip for chips, with baked chicken or to top off a bed of lettuce.
-Virginia Burwell, Dayton, Texas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce or salsa
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce, optional
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, mash avocado until smooth. Stir in yogurt, picante
- sauce, onion, salt and hot pepper sauce if desired. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2
- servings (3/4 cup).
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.