This flavorful chicken salad is perfect for company. “As a registered nurse with a hectic schedule, I try to prepare recipes that are fast, but also keep the nutritional needs in mind,” notes Carmen Bolar of Bronx, New York. “This one definitely meets all of my criteria.”
Recommended: 21 Recipes to Make with Avocado
- SEASONED TORTILLA CHIPS:
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Spritz one side of each tortilla with cooking spray. Combine the garlic powder, seasoned salt and curry powder; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each into four wedges. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients; toss gently. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Guacamole Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p55
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Guacamole Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2016
"So fresh and flavorful, will definitely make again."
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2012
"Delicious for a light summer dinner or lunch."