Guacamole Chicken Salad Recipe
This flavorful chicken salad is perfect for company. “As a registered nurse with a hectic schedule, I try to prepare recipes that are fast, but also keep the nutritional needs in mind,” notes Carmen Bolar of Bronx, New York. “This one definitely meets all of my criteria.”
- SEASONED TORTILLA CHIPS:
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Spritz one side of each tortilla with cooking spray. Combine the garlic powder, seasoned salt and curry powder; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each into four wedges. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients; toss gently. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Guacamole Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p55
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Guacamole Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2012
Delicious for a light summer dinner or lunch.