Classic bacon cheeseburgers are taken to a whole new level with zippy green chilies and melted Monterey Jack. A dollop of guacamole adds a delicious twist. Patricia Collins of Imbler, Oregon shares the recipe.
Recommended: 21 Recipes to Make with Avocado
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 sandwich buns, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine onion and green chilies; set aside. Shape beef into eight patties. Top half of patties with onion mixture. Cover with remaining patties and firmly press edges to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top each with bacon and cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with guacamole. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Guacamole Burgers in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p65
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Guacamole Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2011
"These are delicious! I do recommend sauteing the onions a bit first though."