- 1 medium ripe avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, mash avocado with lemon juice. Stir in the tomato, onion, chilies, garlic and salt if desired. Cover; chill. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Guacamole
Sort By :
"It was a hit with the family, and we try all kinds of guacamole recipes! I loved the addition of green chilies and fresh tomatoes and onions in place of canned salsa."
"Very Good. Lime juice works as well or better than lemon. As to the person who said it was too acidic. . . . .when you consume lemon juice, it becomes alkaline inside your body and actually helps to balance your acidic levels. Lemon is VERY, VERY good for you."
"Excellent... added garlic salt as well."
"We used lime juice instead of the lemon juice and also added cilantro. It was delicious!"
"Made with 2 avacados, the juice of a small lemon, onion and one chopped tomato. Did add the salt. Didn't realize I had forgotten the green chilis until it was ready to go on the table. Didn't miss them and the guacamole was terrific! Will definitely add this to my recipe file as a keeper."