Gruyere-Turnip Mashed Potatoes Recipe
I pep up plain mashed potatoes by cooking and mashing them with turnips and garlic. Family and friends request this dish for holiday dinners.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 medium turnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the potatoes, turnips and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat milk and butter until butter is melted. Drain potato mixture; mash with milk mixture. Stir in the cheese, onions, salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 200 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Gruyere-Turnip Mashed Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC