- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 medium turnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the potatoes, turnips and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat milk and butter until butter is melted. Drain potato mixture; mash with milk mixture. Stir in the cheese, onions, salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Gruyere-Turnip Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p113
Reviews for Gruyere-Turnip Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review