Gruyere Potatoes au Gratin Recipe
Rich and creamy, this simple-to-fix dish will make guests think you fussed. The recipe calls for packaged hash brown potatoes so there’s no peeling or cutting. —Suzan Ward, Post Falls, Idaho
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Gruyere cheese or Swiss cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the Gruyere and Parmesan cheeses.
- 2. Layer half of the hash brown mixture and half of the cheese in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Repeat layers. Pour cream over top.
- 3. Cover and bake at 400° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until edges begin to brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
1 piece: 380 calories, 29g fat (17g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein
Reviews for Gruyere Potatoes au Gratin
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC