- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with remaining ingredients. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Gruyere Mashed Potatoes
Sort By :
"These are a great alternative to basic mashed potatoes. They have a nice flavor from the gruyere - not overpowering. Everyone loved these at our last family dinner! Thanks for sharing!"
"This is very good. Nice and subtle. I used light sour cream and 1 T dry chives rather than fresh.I used a ricer to rice the hot potatoes. After I had about 1/3 of the potatoes in the bowl, I added the other ingredients - I melted the butter. My goal was to have the heat from the potatoes in the bowl and the heat from the rest of the potatoes being riced over them to melt everything.It worked beautifully. Definitely will make this again."
"Best mashed potatoes I have ever had. I have also added left over ham and chicken to it to make it more of a meal in itself."