Gruesome Green Toes Recipe
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Green paste food coloring
- 22 Nutter Butter cookies
- 11 Crows candies, halved lengthwise
- 1. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Tint green.
- 2. Dip one cookie into candy coating. Let excess drip off and place on waxed paper. Immediately place a candy half, cut side down, on the cookie. Repeat. Let stand for 15 minutes or until set. Yield: 22 cookies.
1 each: 155 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Gruesome Green Toes
"These are a great idea, but I did not know that you shouldn't use water based/ gel food coloring to color the chocolate and it ruined the chocolate. It dried up kind of and I had to add oil to it to re-hydrate it. Make sure to use " candy coloring" or oil based coloring for coloring chocolate. I learned the hard way. Also, the crows candies are hard to find at my local stores, so I had to substitute them with almond halves to make claw nails. I tried using just dots but the colored nails looked too comical."
"These little guys were a big hit!!!!"
"they were a hit at our halloween party last year. simple and tasty!"
"It's really good.."