Gruesome Greek Dip Recipe
- 1 can (4 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Baked pita chips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the shrimp, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and Greek seasoning; set aside.
- 2. In a food processor, combine the cheeses, red peppers, garlic and remaining lemon juice; cover and process until smooth. Stir into shrimp mixture.
- 3. Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, stir dip and garnish with parsley. Serve with pita chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 113 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Gruesome Greek Dip
"This sounds great! I'd love to try this, but I'm not that fond of shrimp...could chicken or something else be substituted for the shrimp?"
"Hi Marly,Greek seasoning can be found with other seasoning blends at your market. It's actually labeled "Greek Seasoning" and usually lemon, garlic and oregano with a few other seasonings,."
"Not a review. In answer to Marly's question - greek seasoning? We use Cavender's (all purpose greek seasoning) - very good."
"Sorry - this isn't a rating, but a question: What is "Greek seasoning"? Thanks."
"We were having greek meatloaf and potatoes and I wanted to make a munchie to start with.... tried it and it was gone.... everyone liked it... it isn't halloween but I would agree it would be great for then!!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer