Grouper with Crabmeat Sauce Recipe
- 8 grouper or red snapper fillets (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons marinade for chicken
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups fresh crabmeat
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place fillets on a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, marinade for chicken, seafood seasoning and oil; brush over fillets. Broil 4-in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a large skillet, saute the onions, red pepper, green onions and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour and seafood seasoning until blended; gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Gently stir in crab meat; heat through. Serve with fish. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor's Note: This dish is great served with a spinach pasta. Just cook enough for 8 side servings and toss with a little olive oil, minced garlic and shredded Romano.
1 each: 452 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 162mg cholesterol, 730mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 55g protein.
Reviews for Grouper with Crabmeat Sauce
"The prep time is the most work, the cooking is easy. The meal is sensational! What a great dish. We had spinach linguini on the side with basil-garlic butter. This is a top fish dish for us."