Grouper with Crabmeat Sauce Recipe
- 8 grouper or red snapper fillets (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons marinade for chicken
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups fresh crabmeat
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place fillets on a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, marinade for chicken, seafood seasoning and oil; brush over fillets. Broil 4-in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a large skillet, saute the onions, red pepper, green onions and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour and seafood seasoning until blended; gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Gently stir in crab meat; heat through. Serve with fish. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
1 fillet with 2/3 cup sauce equals 452 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 162 mg cholesterol, 730 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 55 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.