Ground Venison Burgers
Even folks who aren't fans of venison will enjoy these zippy burgers, deliciously topped with pepper cheese and a cool lime-mustard mayonnaise. "My son, who's an avid hunter, gave me this super recipe," says Jerry Honeyager of North Prairie, Wisconsin.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 8 slices pepper Jack cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, mustard and lime
- peel; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a bowl, combine the onions, yogurt, jalapeno, salt and pepper.
- Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Pan-fry, grill or broil until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns;
- top with cheese and mayonnaise mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 442 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.