Ground Venison Burgers Recipe
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 8 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, mustard and lime peel; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the onions, yogurt, jalapeno, salt and pepper. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- 3. Pan-fry, grill or broil until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns; top with cheese and mayonnaise mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 442 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Ground Venison Burgers
"Some version of this recipe has been a staple in my home for a few years. My husband, who is an avid hunter, previously hated venison burgers. We sub plain Greek yogurt for the mayo and the yogurt. Typically use ten onions instead of green, and often add an egg to the burger mix. We have made this with moose, elk and whitetail. I like to add slices of avocado and pepper jack cheese to mine and even enjoy the leftovers!"
"The yogurt and seasonings take the game flavor from the meat. I use Greek style yogurt and increased the amount to 5 Tbsp.I think it also helps to form the burger patties in advance for better flavor."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.