Ground Venison Burgers Recipe
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 8 slices pepper Jack cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, mustard and lime peel; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a bowl, combine the onions, yogurt, jalapeno, salt and pepper. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Pan-fry, grill or broil until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns; top with cheese and mayonnaise mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ground Venison Burgers(1)
Sort By :
The yogurt and seasonings take the game flavor from the meat. I use Greek style yogurt and increased the amount to 5 Tbsp.
I think it also helps to form the burger patties in advance for better flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilling Hamburgers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >