Even folks who aren't fans of venison will enjoy these zippy burgers, deliciously topped with pepper cheese and a cool lime-mustard mayonnaise. "My son, who's an avid hunter, gave me this super recipe," says Jerry Honeyager of North Prairie, Wisconsin.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 8 slices pepper Jack cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, mustard and lime peel; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a bowl, combine the onions, yogurt, jalapeno, salt and pepper. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Pan-fry, grill or broil until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns; top with cheese and mayonnaise mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ground Venison Burgers in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p58
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ground Venison Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review