Ground Turkey Turnovers Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tubes (17.3 ounces each) Southern-style biscuits
- 1. In a nonstick saucepan over medium heat, brown turkey; drain. Combine soup, egg, flour, salt and pepper; add to turkey. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add vegetables and pimientos; cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese.
- 2. On a floured surface, pat eight of the biscuits into circles; top each with about 2/3 cup turkey mixture. Pat remaining biscuits into 5-in. circles and place on top of turkey mixture. Seal edges with water. Press edges together with a fork dipped in flour. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 446 calories, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 1,259 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Ground Turkey Turnovers
"Sorry for the bad review, however.. I didn't use 2 lbs. of turkey, 2 of the biscuits were underdone in the center but burnt on the bottom, I had a TON of left over mixture and no on in my family really even cared for the flavor."
"I made this spur of the moment, when I needed to make a meal with ground turkey. I did have to change up the ingredients to fit what I have on hand. I also had to feed only 3 people, so I made only 3 turnovers. I had lots of filling left! But they were quite tasty, as well as quick and easy. My kids LOVE biscuits, so they were happy. And I think I may make a big "pot pie" type fo meal with all the leftover filling. 2 meals from 1 short cooking session-how do you beat that? I do plan to make these again."