Ground Turkey Turnovers Recipe
I have a variety of turkey recipes that my family "gobbles" up, but this is one of their favorites. When they were young, our kids often requested these for Saturday night dinner.—Myrna Shirts, Idaho Falls, Idaho
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tubes (17.3 ounces each) Southern-style biscuits
- 1. In a nonstick saucepan over medium heat, brown turkey; drain. Combine soup, egg, flour, salt and pepper; add to turkey. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add vegetables and pimientos; cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese.
- 2. On a floured surface, pat eight of the biscuits into circles; top each with about 2/3 cup turkey mixture. Pat remaining biscuits into 5-in. circles and place on top of turkey mixture. Seal edges with water. Press edges together with a fork dipped in flour. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 446 calories, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 1,259 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC