Ground Turkey Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a skillet, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the soup, buttermilk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes. Stir in sour cream; heat gently but do not boil. Serve over noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 431 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 999mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Ground Turkey Stroganoff
"We've been using turkey in place of beef a lot lately and liked the look of this recipe. I've made this twice and will probably make it again. Very flavorful. It's a winner!"
"OMG!!! Real easy and very tasty..."
"This was really good. I omitted the mushrooms because my husband doesn't like them, also i left out the sour cream because I didn't have any, and it still turned out great, and we had plenty of left overs."
"This was so easy and delicious. I accidentally bought ground chicken, I used jarred mushroom because it was all I had and I also substituted the 98% Fat Free soup and it turned out great. My picky 9 yr old cleared her plate. I will be passing this along to my friends for sure."
"Wonderfully lean, a family favorite with beef, now a healthier version, will make more frequently."
"Substituted healthy request cream of chicken, 2% milk, and reduced fat sour cream. It was still very good and easy to make."
"This is a great, basic recipe for a weekend. It comes together quickly and it is easy to put together even for a beginning cook. And the turkey makes it fairly healthy. I used skim milk instead of buttermilk and low-fat sour cream. The taste was still excellent."
"This is one of the staple recipes that I make over and over! My husband and kids love it and it is super easy to make! It's delicious!"
"This was quite good and very easy. I didn't have buttermilk so I substituted yogurt and it was quite tasty. Even my picky husband liked it."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.