Ground Turkey Stroganoff
I like to experiment in the kitchen. This stick-to-your-ribs main dish calls for ground turkey instead of the traditional beef.—Jeff Gill, Valdosta, Georgia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a skillet, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink;
- drain. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the soup,
- buttermilk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce
- heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes. Stir in sour cream; heat
- gently but do not boil. Serve over noodles. Garnish with parsley if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 431 calories, 31 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 999 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.