Ground Turkey Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a skillet, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the soup, buttermilk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes. Stir in sour cream; heat gently but do not boil. Serve over noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 431 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 999mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Ground Turkey Stroganoff
"OMG!!! Real easy and very tasty..."
"This was really good. I omitted the mushrooms because my husband doesn't like them, also i left out the sour cream because I didn't have any, and it still turned out great, and we had plenty of left overs."
"Wonderfully lean, a family favorite with beef, now a healthier version, will make more frequently."
"This is one of the staple recipes that I make over and over! My husband and kids love it and it is super easy to make! It's delicious!"
"This was quite good and very easy. I didn't have buttermilk so I substituted yogurt and it was quite tasty. Even my picky husband liked it."