I like to experiment in the kitchen. This stick-to-your-ribs main dish calls for ground turkey instead of the traditional beef.—Jeff Gill, Valdosta, Georgia
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a skillet, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the soup, buttermilk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes. Stir in sour cream; heat gently but do not boil. Serve over noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ground Turkey Stroganoff in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p47
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Ground Turkey Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review