- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a skillet, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the soup, buttermilk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes. Stir in sour cream; heat gently but do not boil. Serve over noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Ground Turkey Stroganoff
"We've been using turkey in place of beef a lot lately and liked the look of this recipe. I've made this twice and will probably make it again. Very flavorful. It's a winner!"
"OMG!!! Real easy and very tasty..."
"This was really good. I omitted the mushrooms because my husband doesn't like them, also i left out the sour cream because I didn't have any, and it still turned out great, and we had plenty of left overs."
"This was so easy and delicious. I accidentally bought ground chicken, I used jarred mushroom because it was all I had and I also substituted the 98% Fat Free soup and it turned out great. My picky 9 yr old cleared her plate. I will be passing this along to my friends for sure."
"Wonderfully lean, a family favorite with beef, now a healthier version, will make more frequently."
"This is a great, basic recipe for a weekend. It comes together quickly and it is easy to put together even for a beginning cook. And the turkey makes it fairly healthy. I used skim milk instead of buttermilk and low-fat sour cream. The taste was still excellent."
"This is one of the staple recipes that I make over and over! My husband and kids love it and it is super easy to make! It's delicious!"
"This was quite good and very easy. I didn't have buttermilk so I substituted yogurt and it was quite tasty. Even my picky husband liked it."