- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a skillet, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the soup, buttermilk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes. Stir in sour cream; heat gently but do not boil. Serve over noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Ground Turkey Stroganoff
Sort By :
OMG!!! Real easy and very tasty...
This was really good. I omitted the mushrooms because my husband doesn't like them, also i left out the sour cream because I didn't have any, and it still turned out great, and we had plenty of left overs.
This was so easy and delicious. I accidentally bought ground chicken, I used jarred mushroom because it was all I had and I also substituted the 98% Fat Free soup and it turned out great. My picky 9 yr old cleared her plate. I will be passing this along to my friends for sure.
Wonderfully lean, a family favorite with beef, now a healthier version, will make more frequently.
Substituted healthy request cream of chicken, 2% milk, and reduced fat sour cream. It was still very good and easy to make.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >