Ground Turkey and Hominy Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) hominy, rinsed and drained
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in tomatoes and seasonings; heat through. Add hominy and heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Ground Turkey and Hominy(4)
Sort By :
Very good! I doubled the spices. I don't recommended using cinnamon. I put the meat in a whole wheat tortilla it was very good the whole family enjoyed it:)
This recipes was just OK to me. The addition of the cinnimon and allspice gave it a taste the wasn't awful but it also wasn't great. I may try it again without those two spices. If I do, I wlll let you know how it turned out.
I really like the cinnamon in it! I added a quarter of a head of green cabbage (chopped) with the onions and that tasted yummy. I served it on brown rice; I would bump up the spices if I did that again. My husband liked it in a flour tortilla with chedder cheese and some salsa.
This is wonderful!!!!! I make mine with turkey breast shredded or just cut up and throw everything in the crockpot. It is a wonderful dinner and low cal to boot. Thanks so much for sharing this.