"Hominy is a real favorite of mine, so when I saw this fast-to-fix recipe, I had to try it," notes Esther Hoff-Sherrow of Denver, Colorado. "With its flavorful combination of spices, it makes a warming meal on a cool night."
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) hominy, rinsed and drained
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in tomatoes and seasonings; heat through. Add hominy and heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ground Turkey and Hominy in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p10
Reviews for Ground Turkey and Hominy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review