Ground Pork Taco Salad Recipe
- 1 pound ground pork or beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Western salad dressing
- Tortilla chips, crushed
- Sour cream and guacamole, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, beans and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, onion and cheese. Stir in pork mixture. Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with chips. Serve immediately with sour cream and guacamole if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
2 cups (calculated without chips, sour cream and guacamole) equals 493 calories, 30 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 1,106 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Ground Pork Taco Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.