Ground Chicken Gumbo Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh okra
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook the chicken, celery, green pepper and onion in oil over medium heat for 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 322 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 900mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Ground Chicken Gumbo
"great recipe to work with what you have on hand give or take on exact amounts"