Ground Beef Zucchini Skillet
“My mom gave me this recipe when I was searching for other entrees with ground beef and veggies that my kids would eat,” writes Carol Kurpjuweit of Humansville, Missouri. “It’s great with garlic bread.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomatoes, zucchini,
- mushrooms, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for
- 10-15 minutes or until heated through and zucchini is tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 213 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 585 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.