- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and zucchini is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ground Beef Zucchini Skillet
"It thought it needed something. I like the idea of adding pasta and cheese or even spaghetti sauce. I did add cheese to the left over and it helped. If I make it again I'll add the pasta and some spaghetti sauce. It's worth a second try but it will be a while before that happens."
"We add pasta and mozzarella cheese and it is a complete meal. My family loves it."
"We made this with fresh mushrooms versus canned mushrooms. We also added a fresh jalapeno. We left out the salt and did not miss it flavor wise. My husband thought that there was a little too much oregano and pepper. This is good when you have grown way to many zucchini."
"I felt it was missing something. It reminded me of the filling for stuffed peppers, so I added some rice and spaghetti sauce. It is food and got eaten. I would not keep this recipe."
"I found this recipe because I had some zucchini and mushrooms headed south, but hate to waste anything. We really liked it. Though I cut the recipe in half, we had enough for seconds, in which we seldom indulge. That speaks for how much we liked the recipe."
"This is very good-have made it many times. I substitute approximate equivalents of diced onions and fresh sliced mushrooms. We like the leftovers on pasta."
"Family enjoyed it with the bread sticks and I really liked all the vegetables in it."
"Easy recipe. Husband and son loved it."
"This is one of our very favorites! I use lean ground turkey and add a yellow summer squash. When in season, I sub eggplant for the mushrooms."