- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and zucchini is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ground Beef Zucchini Skillet
Sort By :
We made this with fresh mushrooms versus canned mushrooms. We also added a fresh jalapeno. We left out the salt and did not miss it flavor wise. My husband thought that there was a little too much oregano and pepper. This is good when you have grown way to many zucchini.
I felt it was missing something. It reminded me of the filling for stuffed peppers, so I added some rice and spaghetti sauce. It is food and got eaten. I would not keep this recipe.
I found this recipe because I had some zucchini and mushrooms headed south, but hate to waste anything. We really liked it. Though I cut the recipe in half, we had enough for seconds, in which we seldom indulge. That speaks for how much we liked the recipe.
This is very good-have made it many times. I substitute approximate equivalents of diced onions and fresh sliced mushrooms. We like the leftovers on pasta.
Family enjoyed it with the bread sticks and I really liked all the vegetables in it.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >