Ground Beef Wellington Recipe
Trying new recipes is one of my favorite hobbies. It's also the most gratifying. What could beat the smiles and compliments of the ones you love? This recipe is easy enough for family yet fancy enough for company.
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1. In a saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until softened. Stir in flour and 1/8 teaspoon pepper until blended. Gradually add the cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the egg yolk, onion, 2 tablespoons mushroom sauce, salt and remaining pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves. Separate crescent dough into two rectangles on a baking sheet. Seal perforations. Place meat loaf on each rectangle. Bring edges together and pinch to seal. Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into meat loaf reads 160°.
- 3. Meanwhile, warm remaining sauce over low heat; stir in parsley. Serve sauce with Wellingtons. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 578 calories, 37 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 207 mg cholesterol, 909 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Ground Beef Wellington
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC