Ground Beef Wellington Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until softened. Stir in flour and 1/8 teaspoon pepper until blended. Gradually add the cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the egg yolk, onion, 2 tablespoons mushroom sauce, salt and remaining pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves. Separate crescent dough into two rectangles on a baking sheet. Seal perforations. Place meat loaf on each rectangle. Bring edges together and pinch to seal. Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into meat loaf reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, warm remaining sauce over low heat; stir in parsley. Serve sauce with Wellingtons. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Ground Beef Wellington(6)
Sort By :
So good! I'm not the best cook, so when my son says "make this again" I know I found a keeper
easy and delicious
Made this lastnite,also doubled the sauce and added spices to hamburger. Its a keeper.Great meal
My family loved this and that isn't an easy feat to accomplish ! I will probably add some seasoning to the meat next time to give a bit more flavor and definitely double the sauce.
I used a full lb. of ground beef. It filled up the crescent roll nicely!! I would double the sauce next time as it was excellent. Great Meal!